Imotski is a city located in Central Dalmatia near the border with Bosnia and Herzegovina. The city is located in the heart of the continent and from the Adriatic sea that separates the mountain range Biokovo. Imotski is famous for its unique karst lakes – Blue (Modro jezero) and the Red (Crveno jezero). These amazing lakes and we went to watch.
2. Day for the trip was not chosen very well. The next day we had a three-day trip to Istria and it is reasonable to relax and stay home. But curiosity took over and we went to watch Imotski lake 🙂
3. The road from Brela to Imotski is a scenic mountain serpentine and takes just over an hour. Imotski lakes are located just outside the town.
4. First we went to see the Blue lake.
5. Blue lake is located at the bottom of the 200 metre deep sinkholes leads up a long spiraling road.
6. We have patience and began our descent to the lake.
7. After 10 minutes we finally saw the bottom of the lake.
8. It’s really blue 🙂
9. The lake is still 3 turns of the road and a small section of track right the rocky slope Continue reading